Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Truetone D 2026 radio recapping - Muddy Bass back hot


I recapped an old Truetone D 2026. It had some bad leaky IF coupling capacitors. I cleaned off the grime, sprayed the pots and oiled the tuner. I also recapped the main filter cap too. I was quite dignified of how I used a binding post to route the funny looking dogbone resistors and mount the new filter caps. Still it is improved but It has some potential over - modulation problem though. don't exactly know what's causing that. www.radiomuseum.org Note, this is not my first recap job. My first recap job was actually an Eico Ocilliscope I aquired over Ebay for 13$ around 2003. That tube driven scope did not work either when I got it :) Now it actually shows waveforms! Still needs work as waveforms come in squashy lol. I'll save that for another vid :) As a bonus, this is my first major video editing job :)

12 Sliding Compound Mitre Saw Best Buying Under Counter Led Lights Snow Guards Metal Roof Order Now




No comments:

Post a Comment


Twitter Facebook Flickr RSS



Fran�ais Deutsch Italiano Portugu�s
Espa�ol ??? ??? ?????







Sponsor Links